Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

help with burnbright/silverstripe-importexport module

Go to End

3 Posts   1673 Views

VanceK

Community Member, 18 Posts

13 July 2015 at 1:56am

Edited: 13/07/2015 2:49am

Hi, I am developing a website with Silverstripe 3.1.12 and find myself in a situation where I need to input a fair amount of data into a dataobject which contains several has_many and many_many relations. I feel it might be beneficial to utilize the burnbright/silverstripe-importexport module, and while the code snippets provided are understandable, I could really use a more comprehensive example on how to get started using this module, including where to insert the code (extension, dataobject, ModelAdmin...?) and how to write/update to related data objects. Is there maybe a more in-depth example or tutorial covering how to use this module? Thanks in advance for any and all help/suggestions.

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

14 July 2015 at 9:05pm

Edited: 14/07/2015 9:11pm

Have you tried looking at something like http://docs.silverstripe.org/en/3.1/developer_guides/customising_the_admin_interface/how_tos/extending_an_existing_modeladmin/ for some extra clues?
I'm not familiar with the module, but I don't imagine it being all that much more complex than others. Hopefully the docs (and/or the tutorials) can help you to understand :)

timo

Community Member, 47 Posts

6 March 2017 at 9:39pm

Hi VanceK!
Did you find some examples on burnbright/silverstripe-importexport and would you please share them here on the forums?
Thanks. timo.