Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Userforms validate error - no error message for mandatory multiple selection tickboxes

Go to End

Petrus

Community Member, 4 Posts

15 February 2016 at 12:18pm

Hi

I have a userform that has several tick boxes that are mandatory but if nothing is selected there is no error message displayed to the user indication something must be selected, neither a default message nor a user defined one is displayed. Makes it difficult for a user to know what they should do. The standard text input boxes show error s if they are set as mandatory and are left empty by the user.

If you go to this link: http://standrews.org.nz/meeting-centre/my-reservation-request and just hit the send button you will see the red error message for the text fields but nothing at all for the tick-box fields. Is there some way of enabling this?

This is a third party custom site in SS 2.4.5 and the company has not upgraded it to Version 3 yet (unfortunately) so please don't suggest I upgrade to a later version as I can't do that at this stage.

Thanks for any help on this
Pete