Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

silverstripe-debugbar or other loggin tool

Go to End

4 Posts   1198 Views

zueri

Community Member, 8 Posts

5 December 2016 at 4:01am

HI all
I'm struggling a bit with logging during SS development. I'm currently developing a new part in the cms using model admin. There I have some issues and wanted to log the things. If I use Debug::show($myVariable); or showqueries URL parameter this brakes my CMS layout and no buttons (like save, delete) are visible anymore. Which makes the functionality not really useful as I need to click save to find out one of the issues.

I found the silverstripe-debugbar module which looks perfect for my use case. But this one is not working at all (i see no button or similar to open the toolbar). Is anyone using the module and has some idea if I need to change something to get it working? I'm working with SS3.4 right now.

Or is there anything else I can do to get the required information without braking the CMS UI?

zueri

9 December 2016 at 4:39am

Nobody? Am I the only one having problems with the Debug::message output destroying the CMS layout?

Smokeycam

Community Member, 2 Posts

21 December 2016 at 10:34am

Hi zueri,

I have been having the same issues.

Can you try and place this in your Page.php init() controller function?

$foo = DebugBar::WhyDisabled();
d($foo);

It runs through a series of tests, however, mine result is a bit ambiguous - I get the result of : 'I don't know why'

I can get it work in the admin section, but for the front, no go.

All the JS/CSS files are also output fine too

zueri

23 December 2016 at 8:58am

HI Smokeycam
Thank you! This helped. For me it was the setting "check_local_ip" which was disabling the Debugbar. After reading the message I could also find the description of the config value on Github. Now I can check if I have the same problem as you ,but for me the important part works now.