Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Archive /

Our old forums are still available as a read-only archive.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo

if structures more explained

Go to End

2 Posts   2293 Views

CriaturaCreativaStudio

Community Member, 73 Posts

12 December 2008 at 11:41am

Hello there,

I'm a web designer, graphic designer that uses silvestripe from a few months ago...
I'm pretty happy with the product, but i have a couple of doubts about structures (control structures), using %if, %elseif, etc.

I've posted several problems here, and find people of the community being very kind, but i want to say that the documentation and reference guide it's a little messy, sometimes i found contents randomly...

In fact i'm trying to use %if properly, and i didn't find any documentation that explains it more in detail (maybe it was my fault). Overall i would improve the way the documentation is displayed on this useful site.

Anyone help regarding %if and multiple if instances would be great, (i'm looking for something ismilar to "swith - case" on php...

Thanks In advance,

Eduardo

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

12 December 2008 at 4:41pm

The documentation is in the process of being rewritten. Its been mentioned alot but it is happening.. just taking a looong time. As for switch case statements the template parser doesn't handle those. Basicly <% if %>, <% else %> and <% else_if %> is what you have to work with so you can do

<% if X = A %>
X = A!
<% else_if X = B %>
X = B!
<% else_if X = C %>
X = C!
<% else %>
Don't Know!
<% end_if %>