Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Show "Previews" of pages on home page

Go to End

2 Posts   1976 Views

jacobsjensen

Community Member, 20 Posts

4 September 2009 at 3:41am

Hi,
First off all this is not a question about auto-generated previews!! :-)

I've got this site where I want 3 boxes on my home page. These 3 boxes should be content set on 3 different sub or first-level pages by the administrator ind the CMS (Not only children of the home/parent page).
The box content should be filled in on it's own tab called "Page preview", on pages having the page type needed that is. On this tab you could choose an image and write some text in a HTMLeditor field and a preview title field. Maybe a custom link text and url would be nice too otherwise just the url for the page on which we are defining the preview.

From the home page or any other page using the "Holder" page type, it should be possible to choose 3 pages to show previews from. Even better, would be to choose more than 3 pages, which the CMS then randomly shows 3 of at a time.

I just use the number 3 because it's what I need, but it should be easy to alter...

Any ideas on how to build this?

I've attached a clipping of the page how I wan't it to be in the frontend - not that I can't write that myself, just to make it easier to understand what I want.. :-) (I know the boxes are the same on the clipping, but they should off course be different)

Attached Files
Casey

Community Member, 1 Post

13 September 2009 at 3:38pm

Edited: 13/09/2009 3:43pm

The answer to this issue can be found in the following post http://silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/255659?start=0

Edit: Wrong post! Look here
http://www.silverstripe.org/themes-2/show/265050#post265050