Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Site Down: displays default "Starter / Welcome to Silverstripe" page and can't login to admin

Go to End

6 Posts   1664 Views

Whitmer

Community Member, 13 Posts

9 February 2015 at 6:52am

Greetings Silverstripers, I am very new to Silverstripe and a customer's site is down, displaying none of the content besides the interface top banner and footer.
The text on the index/Home page says:

"Welcome to SilverStripe! This is the default homepage. You can edit this page by opening the CMS. You can now access the developer documentation, or begin the tutorials."

Admin and owner logins don't work - as if it hasn't been set up, but the site has been working fine for years.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Pat

Attached Files
camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

9 February 2015 at 3:17pm

First thing I'd do is check the database credentials... perhaps these got changed and you are viewing the site connected to a fresh database rather than the original one.

Are you using a _ss_environment.php file or the mysite/_config.php to set up the database details?

Whitmer

9 February 2015 at 4:44pm

Thanks camfindlay, I'll look into that database connect - that makes sense (not connecting to the correct database). I'm not familiar with the way SilverStripe handles the database details, as far as the ss_environment vs mysite/_config files, but I'll take a look. I sincerely appreciate your time.

Whitmer

10 February 2015 at 5:22am

I found the mysite/_config.php files and it looks to be pointed to the correct database, nothing changed.

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

10 February 2015 at 12:18pm

Have you been able to login to the database via some other means like PHPMyAdmin or Sequal pro to check if the database is actually still intact?

Whitmer

11 February 2015 at 12:08pm

Yep - I took a peek at the data and it mimics the default page's default menu, as if the site's database was wiped. I was able to use the default login.
There's no backups to replace the DB before the crash.