Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Error adding new page

Go to End

15 Posts   4412 Views

madmaurice

Community Member, 20 Posts

10 February 2010 at 4:49am

I started a new project with ss 2.3.5 and got the problem that when you create a new page the dropdown field for the pagetype isnt shown.
i looked at it with firebug and it has style="visibility:hidden"; set.

same thing in ss 2.3.6

in an old project build with 2.3.4 this bug doesnt appear

Attached Files
madmaurice

11 February 2010 at 5:16am

no one else having this damn error?

teejay

Community Member, 63 Posts

11 February 2010 at 12:12pm

did u flushed the admin. does it appear in other browser than firefox.

??

eddieconnecti

Community Member, 26 Posts

16 February 2010 at 5:32am

Edited: 17/02/2010 12:55pm

Same problem with my cms. Upgraded to 2.4 and only prebuild pagetypes are shown. Cannot say they are there but hidden, they´re just not listed... Hope someone finds a fix soon...

madmaurice

17 February 2010 at 9:11am

Edited: 17/02/2010 9:15am

Look at the screenshot. not even the prebuild page types are shown. the drop down box doesnt show up. if i change the visibility to visible(with firebug) it shows up.

ill try the page with opera

EDIT: Same problem in opera (look at screenshot)

Attached Files
eddieconnecti

17 February 2010 at 9:56am

Oooohhh please! Could anyone - ANYONE - help? This is really annoying, I would like to start work on the cms. All modules (imagegallery, newsletter, etc.) where recognised by scaffolder and written in database, but I CAN NOT CREATE ONE OF THESE PAGES!!!

Since I installed it two times in different locations and had everywhere the same problem, I should not be the only one!?

dhensby

Community Member, 253 Posts

17 February 2010 at 10:17am

This is a problem that has been present when using opera for a very long time. It's quite frustrating but none of my clients use Opera, so it isn't an issue for me yet.

I don't know what browser you were using to get the error, but try using FF or Chome...

eddieconnecti

17 February 2010 at 12:55pm

I am using Firefox 3.5.7, no Opera, Chrome, Safari or IE. I think if it works not in FF, it works in no other browser...

Why do you think this is a css problem? In my case, I can see all previously installed pagetypes, like page, virtual page and so on. But I can not create a imagegallery page for example. This problem came up, when I upgraded to 2.4 beta. Well, I know its beta, there may occure many errors, but, see, this is a really existential part of the cms. I do not understand, why it failes on that part (without getting errors or warnings)...

Go to Top