Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CHARACTER SET 'utf8' error

Go to End

15 Posts   7456 Views

midoriberlin

Community Member, 5 Posts

28 March 2012 at 11:51pm

Hello all,

A little late but this might help someone. I was getting exactly the same error, not locally but after I uploaded to a live site.

Afterwards I realised what was happening was I had an admin window open in my local environment which, due to checking out a different version of the site to push to live, was unable to security ping to the correct address.

And so I get this error every minute while that was the case. Check the subject of the email you get and see if it has anything about "security ping" in it and if so a variation on the scenario above may be the problem.

cheerio,

a

borriej

Community Member, 267 Posts

6 April 2012 at 6:50am

I am also getting this error.

I had a live site transferred from one hosting to another. At previous hosting it ran perfectly.. but now, i receive this error. mysite/_config.php is set to connect to the correct database.

Any idea's?

[05-Apr-2012 08:29:14] Error at sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php line 525: Couldn't run query: 
SET CHARACTER SET 'utf8' 

borriej

Community Member, 267 Posts

6 April 2012 at 8:29am

typo in password.. solved

oleze

Community Member, 65 Posts

9 April 2012 at 2:33am

Seems on my local development systems (MAMP) the error came from using "localhost" as a alias for my database-server. Changed it to "127.0.0.1" and the error is gone.

techgyver

Community Member, 6 Posts

7 June 2012 at 6:51am

I just had the same issue. The error was caused by too many mysql-connections, so i increased the limit and solved the problem.

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

9 June 2012 at 5:18pm

@techgyver - how did you do that?

mikeyc7m

Community Member, 19 Posts

29 April 2014 at 11:36am

I'm seeing the error too. It only occurs when the static 404 error page is hit, which is weird because it's static.
I'm guessing it's a problem with the code used to serve or regenerate the static error pages and it does not reference the _config.cfg to use the correct database character set - as defined by this line:
MySQLDatabase::set_connection_charset('utf8');
I'm only seeing the bug on my 2.4 site.

Go to Top