Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

page not found - all of a sudden

Go to End

2 Posts   2649 Views

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

7 June 2013 at 9:13pm

This is a weird one. We've had our site www.brittasbaysurfschool.com running for years. Recently no changes have been made but today the homepage started returning GoDaddy's welcome.html page (something about the future of a new site). This file has always been on the server because I never bothered deleting it, but since it started to display today I went and deleted this page from the directory. Then, our home page starting showing perfectly again... great. However none of the links/menu are working?!?! They are coming back with 'page not found'.

I can't figure it out. Nothing has been changed. I rang GoDaddy to see if there were any server upgrades or changes, but it was no surprise that they weren't very helpful. Said it's an issue at my end as no changes had been made at their end. I just don't understand how it can magically stop working.

Anyway, I need some ideas on how to fix. The database is obviously working because the homepage is displaying the correct content. It's just the sub pages. Any thoughts??

jpalsu+

Community Member, 69 Posts

7 June 2013 at 10:16pm

Hi

It looks like the same problem with GoDaddy...

http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/23917

good luck.