Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Change cache directory dir/file permissions

Go to End

2 Posts   1974 Views

lweijl

Community Member, 2 Posts

5 January 2014 at 12:32am

Hi there,

I use SS 3.1.2 with pleasure for some time now. I started using it with a couple of clients and integrated it with my continuous integration server.
Now I am running into a problem that I cannot seem to figure out. Well I know what the problem is, but I'm not sure if there is a configuration part that fixes it.

When I deploy a new version (an updated theme most of the time) of SS, I want to clear the cache directory. The problem is the files inside cache directory are inserted by the www-data user and the permissions are set to 0755 with the www-data user and group. This makes it impossible for the continuous integration user to delete those files.

The cache directory itself has the following persmissions: ciuser:www-data with chmod 0775. The files inside have the permission: www-data:www-data with chmod 0755.

Is there a configuration directive where I can specify what the user/group will be for the files inside the cache directory? Or at least where I can set the permissions for the files inside the cache directory?

Thanks in advance for the help provided.

lweijl

Community Member, 2 Posts

9 January 2014 at 7:46am

Never mind. Have to read the documentation somewhat better.

http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/topics/commandline