Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Moving web site to hosting service

Go to End

5 Posts   3477 Views

Ronin

Community Member, 50 Posts

24 January 2009 at 4:01pm

I have been working with SS on Windows Vista with WAMP server running on that environment. My ISP is able to offer web site hosting and I would like to use them initially at least. However they only offer either Appache under Linux or IIS/ASP under windows. Will my windows developed site work under Linux or will it require changes?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 January 2009 at 2:55pm

It should work fine, the only issues you have to watch out for is on Mircosoft MySQL table names are case insensitive (Test is the same as test) and Linux they are (Test is different to test).

Also make sure you upload the .htaccess file, some times this file is hidden so if you cannot see it then turn on show hidden files

JZM

Community Member, 34 Posts

4 March 2009 at 6:03pm

Have you moved it yet?

if you haven't are you using phpmyadmin under WAMP

Jess

Ronin

Community Member, 50 Posts

10 March 2009 at 1:40pm

I have now successfully moved my site to my ISP who is providing the hosting service. They provide phpmyadmin to access the database. Thanks for your response.

Jennifer Banks

Community Member, 3 Posts

12 July 2011 at 2:42am

Thank you for posting! This was very helpful. I just moved to windows hosting and couldn't be happier. I used http://www.serverintellect.com/ for my hosting.