Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Hosting Requirements /

What you need to consider when choosing a hosting provider and plan.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Hosting in Australia

Go to End

5 Posts   4203 Views

da5id

Community Member, 2 Posts

16 May 2009 at 12:50pm

Greetings,

I'm thinking of using SilverStripe for a project in Australia that I'm hoping may end up being quite large (as in complex & lots of traffic).

Anyone got any recommendations for an Australian host? I have a reseller account with Ilisys already, but they seem to be getting a bit flaky, and I'd be worried about scaling there. I have a site on a dedicated server at Ultraserve which can't be faulted but is pretty expensive, plus a virtual server with Anchor that I'm pretty happy with, though the memory requirements would worry me a little with their virtualisation.

Any thoughts/advice? TIA.

da5id

Community Member, 2 Posts

16 May 2009 at 1:05pm

Update: Just found the recommended hosts thread and there are three on it who all offer various levels of shared hosting. Prior to that I was assuming I'd need some form of dedicated or virtual server, now I don't know what to think. Any advice would be appreciated.

alirobe

Community Member, 35 Posts

30 August 2009 at 5:21am

My only thought is that Bulletproof hosting ( http://bulletproof.net.au ) hosts whirlpool, and they seem like a reasonable (if expensive) mob.

Distinct

Community Member, 10 Posts

6 October 2009 at 2:00pm

I have at least 10 silverstripe sites set up in regular shared hosting with Quadra (http://www.quadrahosting.com.au/) - Have never had any issues with these guys, the support is great and silverstripe works great (except for a few minor permissions problems uploading files that I've been able to get around)

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 138 Posts

28 July 2011 at 1:12am

Hello Distinct,

I'm having problems with uploads to a site hosted at Quadra Hosting - can you tell me how you managed these problems?

My problems are:
Uploading af file gives me [Warning] chmod(): Operation not permitted
I'm using this fix http://open.silverstripe.org/attachment/ticket/5547/2.4.1-FileUpload-2.diff to get passed the invalid file for upload error.
(If i leave out the chmod part, the file is uploaded and can be choosen and used in the CMS)

Creating folder, gives Error creating folder, no further info.

Looking in the Webshell at Quadra hosting, i see that files uploaded with FTP have different owner/group than files created through the Webshell.

Hope you can help