I've installed SS before with no issues and made a basic site, but it's been a while and on this clean install I'm having trouble. If you have time to review my install steps below and offer help I'd greatly appreciate it. I've probably just overlooked a setting or step.
- Installed Composer using .exe file for windows
- Installed SS via Composer from commandline with "composer create-project silverstripe/installer C:\xampp\htdocs\ssSite 3.1.13"
- Set up a db and user in phpmyadmin via xampp
- I visit the site url and see the install page as expected.
- I have enable fileinfo as suggested, but opted not to add tidy support or display errors
- I entered in my db info (using mySQL 5.0+) and re-checked requirements, and this passed.
- I entered CMS account details. Email = ssAdmin. Password = password. Re-checked requirements, and this passed.
- I selected Empty Template for the theme. Re-checked requirements, and this passed.
- I clicked the Install Silverstripe button
After installing, I see the confirmation page advising me that it is redirecting me ("Friendly URLs set up successfully; I am now redirecting you to your SilverStripe site..."). However this hangs, and eventually Chrome will time-out and tell me that the page has a redirect loop.
However if I visit the page via the url directly, it now shows the site (including the default theme for some reason, even though I opted for an empty template install).
I can follow the cms link in the intro page (or append /admin to the url. Same thing) and get to the login page.
If I enter the correct details, it redirects me back to the same login page (Message remains as "Please choose an authentication method and enter your credentials to access the CMS.").
if I intentionally enter incorrect login details it gives me the message: "The provided details don't seem to be correct. Please try again."
So I believe that I am logging in with the correct details.
I've spent some time googling and going through these forums, but haven't found a solution that works for me.
(between each step I deleted the install files, deleted the user & db, recreated user & db, cleared my browser cache, and reinstalled SS via composer)
- I can't use the password reset, because I opted for a username without an email address (e.g. 'admin' as per the default).
- I tried an install where the Email address for CMS access was ssAdmin@example.com instead.
- I tried an install with Simple selected as the theme.
- Added ?flush=1 to the url of the site to try and refresh.
- Tried installing an older version instead "composer create-project silverstripe/installer C:\xampp\htdocs\ssSite 3.1.8".
- I tried to login with email 'sss' and password 'sss' to confirm that I got an error message. I then added to the file mysite\_config.php "Security::setDefaultAdmin('sss','sss');" and this gave me the same behaviour as using the correct username password that I originally set up (redirect back to login page). I feel that behaviour this confirms the username and password are correct.
- My localhost is on port :8080. I don't think that should have an impact, but I did go into cms\_config.php and try to change "define('CMS_PATH', BASE_PATH . '/' . CMS_DIR)" to "define('CMS_PATH', BASE_PATH . ':8080/' . CMS_DIR);" as an experiment. But it made no difference. Have changed it back to default.
So I'm stumped. I think on my laptop I installed successfully using the new bitnami package, so I might try that on this PC. However I'm going to rest this project for 24 hours to see if there's any other solution first. I'd really like to know what I've done wrong. It's probably something really simple.
Thanks in advance for your help