Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Runtime exception error with composer

Go to End

5 Posts   2163 Views

acoggins

Community Member, 19 Posts

28 November 2014 at 7:31pm

Hi,
New to silverstripe and just trying to get my head around it. I have it installed in a test area on a Linux server and have been playing with it, but no luck trying to add in more modules or themes using composer. I get this error message....
---------------------------------------------------------
root@home [/home/simplytest/public_html/stripe6]# composer require rywa/silverstripe-skeleton-theme dev-master
./composer.json has been updated
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
- Updating composer/installers (dev-master 8024be9 => v1.0.18)
[RuntimeException]
The .git directory is missing from /home/simplytest/public_html/stripe6/vendor/composer/installers, see http://getcomposer.org/commit-deps for more information
require [--dev] [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--no-progress] [--no-update] [--update-no-dev] [--update-with-dependencies] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [packages1] ... [packagesN]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any suggestions on what is going wrong?
Thanks,
Alan

acoggins

1 December 2014 at 11:32am

I've just been looking through the IRC logs and found a few people with the same problem... no obvious solution though. I also gather from the discussions that composer can be somewhat "temperamental". I have managed fine so far with downloading the zip files for themes and modules and copying them straight in, so I think I'll just ignore the whole composer thing. It's just that from all the documentation it seemed to be the recommended approach.

camfindlay

Forum Moderator, 267 Posts

1 December 2014 at 6:16pm

is git installed on the server you're running composer on?

acoggins

1 December 2014 at 7:28pm

Err... no. This is all quite new to me so that could well be my problem. I'll look into that and try it again.
Many thanks,
Alan

acoggins

1 December 2014 at 10:45pm

Edited: 01/12/2014 10:44pm

Well. I'm not really getting anywhere. I have found out that if I install SilverStripe initially with Composer then I can also install themes and modules with Composer. That all work nicely and all the files and folders are there. The only problem is I just can't access the site... I get an internal server error when I try to complete the initial setup process.

If I use Installatron to install SilverStripe, or download the zip and upload the files, then it's good. I can set it up and have built my first site. But if I try to add anything with Composer I get the runtime exception error.

I suspect it's because I am building these test sites in sub-directories of a domain name. There is probably a rewritebase setting that needs to be added in .htaccess but my brain is too scrambled now. Might come back to it later.