Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Migrating a Site to Silverstripe /

What you need to know when migrating your existing site to SilverStripe.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Migrating from Static Site to Silverstripe

Go to End

5 Posts   3742 Views

greatfargo

Community Member, 1 Post

15 October 2010 at 8:23am

I have a website with registration page. I need to migrate it to silverstripe. I wonder if there is a straight forward way of doing it. If there is no straight way, I need a freelancer to help. If you are interested, please email me.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

5 November 2010 at 12:47am

Hi there,

I can say that it depends on the site... it is straight forward to install, grab a pre-created theme, add in user registration module... but... what happens when they register? I am not sure if I'd want to do the project myself... but if you were to list the current website URL and give a few more details of the functionality and your email address (it isn't shown on your profile) then you might get a couple more responses.

Barry

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

5 November 2010 at 12:36pm

First of all you will need to turn the static site into a site managed by SilverStripe, there is a really nice tutorial for doing that here http://ssbits.com/newbies/2010/building-a-theme-from-a-static-template/.

Secondly you will most likely want to use the User Registration module http://www.silverstripe.org/registration-module/ and add that to your site.

Both of those are pretty basic things to do if you're interested in learning SilverStripe but will take you a few hours to put together.

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

5 November 2010 at 2:05pm

Hi greatfargo, I'm available for SilverStripe work. If you need a freelancer to complete this for you, contact me privately via ryan@acreativeconsulting.com

jocuri

Community Member, 3 Posts

23 May 2011 at 2:49am

I think it's pretty much a job of inputting all the data in the db