Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Showcase Questions /

Feedback and questions about sites in the Community Showcase.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Adding payment to registration.

Go to End

2 Posts   3844 Views

Denny

Community Member, 55 Posts

29 July 2010 at 12:52am

I was wondering how to add a payment method to silverstripe. I am using paypal, which is a copy and past code that has to be attached to somewhere within the sign up part of registering. Anyway, how can I do this?

Mia

Community Member, 8 Posts

6 September 2014 at 2:29am

Edited: 06/09/2014 2:30am

PayPal has some decent and very well document steps to do this here:
https://developer.paypal.com/docs/

However, I can say that you would need to create a account on Paypal, then you would find a "My Buttons" editor somewhere on the account page. This allows you to create and edit buttons to use for different kinds of payments.

PayPal has various ways of making payments, two of the main being:
1. Using a hosted button on PayPal, in which case you basically only tell Paypal API which button to use
2. Use a custom button, which will send information to PayPal.

Using 1. Would for instance have a static stored amount on PayPal and cannot change. If you are advertising rent which would not change. Using 2. would allow you to specify an amount and send it to Paypal, but is more prone to interception and manipulation from third parties. You can however overcome that by verifing the amount paid by using a redirect link on the PayPal button, so that after paying it would re-post information to your site about the payment made.

Once you created the button on PayPal, you are able to copy the form and button html code to paste into your site, which will post the data to paypal.

One more note, you can use developer.paypal.com to make testing accounts and spend money like craaaaaaazy!! Though I never got those shoes delivered that I ordered...

Hope that helps!