Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Class conflict errors after upgrading to 3.5.2

Go to End

2 Posts   1757 Views

Boss_Robbems

Community Member, 1 Post

15 February 2017 at 1:22am

Edited: 15/02/2017 1:47am

I have just tried upgrading from 3.5.2 from 3..1.5.
The actual website seems to have been upgraded fine, i can access the website, go around it, and it all works really well... Except... when i go to /admin i get database errors, and when i do /dev/build i get errors about class conflicts, things like:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'There are two files containing the "SideReport_EmptyPages" class: "/var/www/sites/redacted/cms/code/reports/EmptyPagesReport.php" and "/var/www/sites/redacted/cms/code/reports/SideReport.php"' in /var/www/sites/redacted/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php on line 568

I also get these errors when i try to ?flush=all.

The way i tried to upgrade was to replace the delete the folders cms, framework, vendor, reports and siteconfig. then copy in the new folders.

Matt

Community Member, 86 Posts

6 April 2017 at 12:15pm

Hey Boss,

It looks like you might have copied the cms directory over the top of the old one, without removing old files?

SS 3.5.2 doesn't contain a cms/reports/SideReport.php file as you can see here: https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-cms/tree/3.5.2/code/reports

I suspect your issue is that SideReport.php is hanging over from the 3.1.5 codebase and needs to be deleted - but I suspect you'll get a lot more of these errors unless you remove all the old code and entirely replace the framework, cms etc. folders with the new versions.

Hope that helps! ☃️