Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Rating System

Go to End

11 Posts   4190 Views

rgo

Community Member, 13 Posts

12 March 2010 at 11:46am

Module (Extension) to rate pages.

http://silverstripe.org/ssranking-module/

rgo

15 March 2010 at 9:21am

Edited: 18/03/2010 11:38am

Version v1.1.00 Released with Silverstripe 2.4 compatibility.

Warning: Use v1.0.01 for Silverstripe 2.3.x.

lanks

Community Member, 61 Posts

18 March 2010 at 10:56am

Can't seem to get it to work. I am getting the following error. Any ideas why?

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Director::get_current_page() in /var/www/testrating/ssranking/code/SSRatingExtension.php on line 131

rgo

18 March 2010 at 11:00am

To use with Silverstripe 2.3.x use the SSRating version 1.00.01 - http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/modules/stable/ssrating-v1.0.01.tar.gz

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

29 April 2010 at 11:05am

Hello, I am trying to use the rating system on dataobjects instead of pages only. How would I modify your code for this?

rgo

30 April 2010 at 9:26am

I'm not sure what you want to do. The module is a Silverstripe extension and you can call the public methods to get the rating.

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

30 April 2010 at 10:17am

Ok, let me put it this way. Your rating system attaches a rating to the Page it is called from. I have several DataObjects, called Video, BlogEntry and Photo. Your rating system does not attach itself to them, because they do not have their own pages. Instead, I use RESTful-style URLs to call and display them from a single Page Holder. When I attempt to attach your rating to them, it rates the parent page (the holder) instead of the individual data objects.

Is that more clear now?

kindleman.com.au

Community Member, 70 Posts

21 September 2011 at 12:00am

Hello

I have downloaded and installed this module. Looks great - thanks!

I have one issue and one suggestion / request.

Issue - when the user rates the page, the rating saved message displays and fades away, average and votes info is updated, but the stars stay the same. I have to refresh the page to show the right number of stars. That dosn't seem right.

Suggestion - it would be super awesome if the rating was attibuted to the user if logged in, so that the user couldn't rate things over and over, and they could see the rating they gave. Is this possible?

Thanks again

Will

Go to Top