Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

All other Modules /

Discuss all other Modules here.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMSWorkflow - Roles Section Missing?

Go to End

3 Posts   1302 Views

Laurie

Community Member, 21 Posts

25 May 2010 at 5:27am

I am running SilverStripe 2.4 and have just downloaded and installed (I think) the workflow module..but am not seeing the Roles section on the gray nav bar at the top of the CMS.

I downloaded cmsworkflow-v1.0-rc4.tar.gz from http://www.silverstripe.org/cms-workflow-module/, unzipped it etc., moved the resulting folder (cmsworkflow-v1.0-rc4) into my installation as a peer of /cms, /mysite, /sapphire, /themes, etc., renamed the folder simply "cmsworkflow", and ran a /dev/build. Everything seemed to go as expected.

When I'm in the CMS, I do see the workflow options added to the Site Reports section.

However, I'm not seeing the Roles link on the top (dark gray) navigation bar. Has the location of this link changed since the documentation was last updated 2 November 2009? Or perhaps I missed a step somewhere along the way?

Thanks!

mark_s

Community Member, 78 Posts

25 May 2010 at 9:46am

Hi there. Yes, well, um, the documentation in svn is a little out of date. The roles section was moved into Security, which is really where it belongs - go to Security, select Security Groups on the tree, and there is a Roles tab on the right. Then within a specific group, you can select the applicable role(s).

The documentation is being reviewed at present, as there are alot of changes since the time that was written. As we move towards the next release of cmsworkflow, you should see this corrected.

Mark

Laurie

Community Member, 21 Posts

27 May 2010 at 7:30am

Thanks Mark!