Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Blank CMS Page on DataObject Creation

Go to End

8 Posts   2066 Views

Droid

Community Member, 4 Posts

31 March 2015 at 2:21am

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with my CMS such that whenever I create something new from the CMS, may it be a page, a data object etc, (basically anything that has it's own edit interface), the MAIN part of the CMS does not reload automatically to reflect the newly created thing. I have to reload manually from the URL to see it.
Also from that moment, the top level tabs on the LEFT (Security, Settings, Pages, Reports, Files ... any tab on the LEFT part) gets somehow inactive that when you click on it, it does not load but you can see the URL changing on the browser.

Any ideas why this is happening? I'm on Silverstripe 3.1.6

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

31 March 2015 at 2:36am

Javascript error, check your console.
Normally I'd say some kind of error thrown by the edit form, but as it works on 'manual' load, probably not.

Droid

31 March 2015 at 3:39am

Hi Pyromanik, Thanks for pointing me to that direction.
I've checked my console, seems it's a framework Javascript issue as shown by the attached image. It's weird though because I haven't touched any of the core Javascript. I will take a look at the file and see what I find.

Thanks again.

Attached Files
Pyromanik

31 March 2015 at 3:52am

Looks like an issue with some extension you've got installed.
Try it in a different browser to check it's the CMS itself.

Droid

21 April 2015 at 1:01am

@Pyromanik
I found the issue was with LeftAndMain.js in the framewrok.
They are using deprecated jQuery methods(success and complete) in function submit. The two methods are deprecated as of jQuery 1.5 and have been replaced with 'done' and 'always' respectively. Changing those fixed the issue for me ... Mann! It was such a pain in the neck.

nickspiel

Community Member, 3 Posts

19 May 2015 at 1:26pm

I am also getting this on any new page creation or when saving data objects. Has this / is this getting patched?

Droid

19 May 2015 at 5:31pm

@nickspiel. I gave up on this after finding that when I change LeftAndMain.js I fixed my particular problem but caused problems elsewhere in the CMS. So I just reverted to triggering a traditional JavaScript URL redirection after a saving of the specific DataObjects that were causing problems.

Pyromanik

19 May 2015 at 9:05pm

Edited: 19/05/2015 9:06pm

Are you injecting your own versions of jquery?
The CMS comes bundled with a version, it's old yes, but it should work fine (as all code is written against that version).

If not then you should open a github issue.