Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Customising the CMS /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cannot create folders in Assets (sudden problem)

Go to End

7 Posts   2373 Views

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

16 December 2008 at 10:25pm

All of a sudden , it is impossible to create new directories within the Assets dir by using "files and images" ....

The file / directory rights are okay (the apache user has full read/write rights) , and it _is_ possible to add files or rename already existing directories. I can also delete existing dirs.

Silverstripe does not produce an error; it just kinda' hangs (ajax process never stops)....

This is a big problem for us, since it impairs my clients work bigtime...

Anyone experienced this before ?

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

16 December 2008 at 10:39pm

It sounds like this may be a similar problem as the one at http://open.silverstripe.com/changeset/68223 - do you want to try manually chucking that patch in, and see if that fixes the issue?

Fuzz10

16 December 2008 at 11:38pm

Thanks for the tip !!!! ...

I'm trying this as we speak.... Have to wait for an (automated) upload to happen to the production server to see what it does. Will let you know ASAP.

Fuzz10

18 December 2008 at 4:51am

Thanks again !!!!

Solved my problem with that patch ! Weird though , that only happens on some servers (in this case, on our load-balanced server with shared dirs)...

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

26 January 2009 at 9:47pm

Hi Fuzz10,

I see you have a staging > production environment with an automated update/deployment of files and databases. I was wondering whether you can give me a summary of your setup (e.g cron job etc)?

Thanks

Fuzz10

26 January 2009 at 9:51pm

Hi Taffy,

Sorry to disappoint you ... ;-) It's nothing more than a Subversion roll-out ... Which happens (semi-)automatically together with a whole bunch of Java backend stuff ...

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

26 January 2009 at 10:50pm

Edited: 26/01/2009 10:50pm

Ah right, cheers Fuzz10.

Would be interesting to know if anyone has developed any functionallity that deploys database and file changes from a staging to a production server.