Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

DataObjectManager Module /

Discuss the DataObjectManager module, and the related ImageGallery module.

Moderators: martimiz, UncleCheese, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Bug Reports

Go to End

297 Posts   102002 Views

Howard

Community Member, 215 Posts

21 September 2009 at 7:31pm

Hi UncleCheese,

I think I have found a bug that has taken ages to debug, when creating a relation to a page the page has to be the first argument in the has_one array ie:

static $has_one =array(
		'SmallGroupPage' => 'SmallGroupPage',
		'GroupImage' => 'Image',
		'CalEventPage' => 'SiteTree'
	);

is different to
static $has_one =array(
		'GroupImage' => 'Image',
		'CalEventPage' => 'SiteTree',
                'SmallGroupPage' => 'SmallGroupPage'
	);

It doesn't add the page relation to the page that it was created on unless the SmallGroupPage value is the first. Also the SimpleTreeDropdownField only worked when the CalEventPage wasn't the first page relation in the array.

I have got it working now but I wasn't aware that the order of the relationships had any relevance, oh I might point out that it worked when I used a ComplexTableField (I didn't test the dropdown box though).

Thanks

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

22 September 2009 at 12:11am

When I tested, CTF did the same thing, which makes sense to me because all of the relation-building code lives in the parent class of DOM (CTF).

I'll have to look into it again.

edk

Community Member, 39 Posts

24 September 2009 at 5:22pm

Hi UncleCheese...not a code bug but a Browser / Platform Quirk Fix.

- Module: image_gallery
- What: When using Thickbox as your gallery viewer on the mac the overlay on the pop-up does not shade to a transparent black. Basically you get the pup-up but the box jsut sits there with no nice faded background.
- The Fix: You need to include the file "macFFBgHack.png" in the same directory as the thickbox.css file. [image_gallery/gallery_ui/thickbox/css/

BTW: Thanks so much for all your fantastic modules and your dedictaion and time you give to this. I know I am not alone in saying how useful they are. Great Work!

-chango

UncleCheese

25 September 2009 at 2:00am

Thanks. That's fixed in the latest rev.

ss23

Community Member, 9 Posts

27 September 2009 at 10:18pm

I got the following bug while trying to add an image that was already uploaded to a gallery. I had a quick ask on IRC and simon_w informed me that it doesn't look like a core bug, so here I am :P
Instead of pasting the error here, it's pastebinned at http://ss23.pastebin.com/m13e1d0a4.
Being the SS noob I am, I have no idea if it's my fault or something else, so don't hesitate to be blunt about it etc.

Also on another note, I see you're using requirements:css instead of requirements:themedcss, is this going to be changed in later version, or whats the happs there? (I've changed it to themed on my projects if that makes a different to the above bug)

UncleCheese

28 September 2009 at 3:12am

This was fixed several revs ago. Are you sure you're on the latest version?

Make sure line 31 of your ImageGalleryImage.php is:

function BackLinkTracking() {return false;}

it it's not, you're on an older version.

ss23

Community Member, 9 Posts

28 September 2009 at 3:16am

Line 31 is indeed function BackLinkTracking() {return false;}.

I'm on the latest revision too, unless my SVN is doing something VERY wrong :/.

Is there anything else that could cause this problem?

UncleCheese

29 September 2009 at 7:27am

I believe this may happen if your database and filesystem are out of sync. That is, your database is returning records of files that aren't there. You can sync them up by just clicking on the Files & Images tab, and then going back to Site Content.

I made some changes to image gallery today. Run an SVN update and let me know if you still have issues. Make sure you test on the demo site, as well, since that is always the latest version of the code.

Go to Top