Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

SS-shop coloured variations

Go to End

3 Posts   2065 Views

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

11 November 2015 at 2:13pm

I'm missing something basic here and hoping its a quick fix for someone.
I have created a new site using SS 3.2 with SS-shop and SS-shop-colouredvariations using composer. I'm just using the Simple theme with minimal changes.
I can create a new category, load a product and assign price, image etc but I can't see any way to add colour variations. In the CMS I can see a Variations tab for each product but that seems to assume the existence of 'attributes'. The documentation is silent on how to create attributes.
Have I missed something?

cheers
Bruce

markguinn

Community Member, 27 Posts

13 November 2015 at 12:32am

Sorry to hear you're hitting some walls, Bruce. There is an "Attributes" tab under the "Catalog" tab in the CMS:

Once you've created the attribute(s), you go into the product and there is a Variations tab. You first need to associate any applicable attributes with the product here (as not all attributes will apply to all products):

And then you can create variations. I've not used the colouredvariations module specifically, but hopefully this is enough information to get you going. If you need more help you can ask here or on Gitter (https://gitter.im/burnbright/silverstripe-shop) or IRC. Good luck!

Bruce B

Community Member, 164 Posts

13 November 2015 at 4:21pm

Thanks Mark,
Thats all I needed - just a little nudge in the right direction. I missed that tab in Catalog. A few more CSS tweaks and my shop should be ready to be loaded up, just in time for Christmas.

cheers
Bruce