Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

E-Commerce Modules /

Discuss about the various e-commerce modules available:
Ecommerce, SS Shop, SilverCart and SwipeStripe
Alternatively, have a look the shared mailinglist.

Moderators: martimiz, Nicolaas, Sean, Ed, frankmullenger, biapar, Willr, Ingo, Jedateach, swaiba

Where to integrate PayPal IPN Listener

Go to End

s_a_m_y

Community Member, 31 Posts

18 April 2016 at 8:50am

Edited: 18/04/2016 9:11am

Hi all,

I have spent days, integrating "add to cart" and "minicart" into a SS3.2 project. The booking procedure for this project is very complex, products and prices are created on the fly, so a regular one-product::one-price approach with a catalogue and integrated gateway wasn't an option. Everything is set up finally and the payment with my sandbox test account works fine.
However I am only now realizing that I will need to also have an IPN listener to confirm that the payment was successful. I have found the PayPal php sample. But I am wondering where to actually put it and how to call it without breaking anything else. As far as I understand this php file is called directly through the PayPal config and has no UI. If I place it in my project > code folder I can't access it. Would it make any sense to add it to my Order Page and call that instead?
I'm lost. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sam