Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Module problems

Go to End

2 Posts   2134 Views

raton

Community Member, 1 Post

2 February 2016 at 4:32am

Hi, I'm new with silverstripe and I have a few questions about it.

1- I would like to know how to add a module to silverstripe.. Every modules that i found need requirements and I don't find any links to start dowloading them. For exemple, I would like to add a social media button to share my articles on my Web site.
2- I would like to add google analytics to track my website and I don't find where to add the code in the _config.php folder of the CMS folder.
3- I would like to add a lightbox for my images.
4- I would like to change the template or to add a new one. I've put them in the template folder but it doesn't work so far.

I've watch lots of videos and read a lot about those things and I still have no clue how to do this so far..
THANKS a lot for the help with those 4 questions!!

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

2 February 2016 at 8:41am

Hi Raton,

I highly suggest installing composer (https://docs.silverstripe.org/en/3.2/getting_started/composer/) rather than trying to install addons manually.
The addons will often require other plugins/addons in order to work, so when you try to install manually you will need to grab these other requirements manually too.
Composer will grab all the requirements for you and install into the correct folders. Then you just simple run "/dev/build?flush=1" and away you go.

The google analytics code can be done with an addon (see link below):
https://github.com/peavers/silverstripe-google-analytics

lightbox:
You will need to create a folder for Javascript or use the existing Javascript folder, I usually have one under my theme folder.
Then just put the javascript code for the lightbox in your Javascript folder and then implement it in your template with a require.
(E.g. <% require javascript("Path/to/javascript.js") %>)

Templates:
You will need to set your tmplate within the settings tab of the CMS, but before doing any of that simply try a "/dev/build?flush=1" on your domain.

-helenclarko