Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Help with Forum Moderators

Go to End

3 Posts   2171 Views

mikedaul

Community Member, 6 Posts

13 April 2009 at 10:02am

I'm having trouble understanding how the security tab in the main SS interface relates to the forum module. I want to be able to create a forum moderator who is able to edit and delete posts in the forum, but who is not able to access/edit the other pages in the CMS. I've created a new security group of users called moderators, and I've used the permission tab to only grant them access to "ACCESS_FORUM."

I've tried setting the forum rank for my test member to both administrator and moderator, but neither seems to have any bearing on the ability to edit and delete posts by other users. The only users who can edit/delete posts are users with 'full administrator rights".

Also, when I edit the user permissions, I see a tab for "Moderated Forums" - how can I add something to this list? I see in the database there's a table called "Forum_Moderators" but it's empty.

Thanks for any help.

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

23 May 2009 at 12:09am

Hi!

Did you ever manage to make this work? I'm having exactly the same problem. It seems that something is ‘unplugged’ in the code when it comes to give the moderator its powers over the forum, so the lack of information in the ‘Moderated Forums’ tab.

Best regards,
Juan

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

23 May 2009 at 6:19am

UPDATE: You can manually add members to the Forum_Moderators table. So far, so good. The problem is that when a moderator tries to delete a single post, the whole thread is deleted. Also, Sticky Threads do not work: an error arise:
Undefined index: NewForum
POST /general-discussion/AdminFormFeatures
Line 1713 in C:\..\forum\code\Forum.php

Bye,
Juan