Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Please Help... Integrate Custom Gallery in SilverStripe

Go to End

2 Posts   1300 Views

Pasqualito

Community Member, 11 Posts

5 May 2010 at 12:38am

Edited: 05/05/2010 12:40am

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out as I'm kinda stuck here. I've built a simple jquery gallery application. What it does is the following: It uses a php script to scan a certain directory for images and thumbnails. This script passes a string (array images) to my 'index.php' page that houses the gallery. The gallery basically is a set of thumbnails and one large image (of the selected thumbnail) that are loaded from the aforementioned string. It uses jquery to attach eventhandlers to the thumbs, so when they are clicked, the large image shows the image of the clicked thumb.
I would like to use a galleryholder page that lists the different galleries, and a gallerypage for each gallery.

I have the following questions:

- Is it possible to have GalleryPage look in a certain directory for its images? If yes, how?
- Can I extend the CMS to allow the uploading of thumbs and images per GalleryPage to a certain directory?
- Is it possible to make use of the jquery lib. integrated in silverstripe and if yes, how is this best accomplished?

There are some more questions but if someone can help me out with these, I'd be very grateful. If I was no clear enough in explaining what I want, please say so. I can also upload the gallery i built if needed.

Any directions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

3dgoo

Community Member, 135 Posts

6 May 2010 at 12:37pm

I would recommend using the Image Gallery Module:
http://silverstripe.org/imagegallery-module/

It does everything you have described that you want it to do.