Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe as a UI manager

Go to End

2 Posts   842 Views

lanks

Community Member, 61 Posts

1 December 2010 at 2:05pm

The company that I work for who offer a SAAS are looking at using Silverstripe for the UI, CMS and theme manager. We are going to be selling our software to companies and giving them the opportunity to design their own UI. If we were to use SS this would mean that they will get someone to develop their own SS theme and they can then configure it to be used with our software.

The big 'unknown' at this stage is how SS will integrate with our system. Our system isn't written in PHP but is going to be running on Linux with a Postgresql db.

I am posting here to see if anyone has done anything similar and can share their experiences or to see if anyone has any ideas of how we can implement this? Maybe using API's or screenscraping etc.

Thanks
Liam

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

2 December 2010 at 12:04pm

I've had some success using SS as a controller for an existing PostgreSQL application. I submitted a couple of patches that allow you to specify a schema to use, so you can run SS in a separate schema and dip into the rest of the app as required. Works, but not well tested.