Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

JQuery Tools

Go to End

5 Posts   1193 Views

JPG

Community Member, 53 Posts

19 January 2011 at 1:58pm

Edited: 19/01/2011 2:21pm

Has anyone had any major difficulties on using JQuery Tools? I cannot find any documentation on this - more specifically the Flowplayer module... Basically would like some guidance as to how I should go about using such libraries with SS.

Many thanks

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

19 January 2011 at 5:02pm

Shouldn't be a problem - have you had any problems with it?
SS comes with some jquery libraries (sapphire/thirdparty/..), you could use these by default.

My preference is to link to the latest version hosted on Google though.

JPG

19 January 2011 at 8:58pm

Thanks Ryan
What do I do with something more bespoke like JQuery Tools or Flowplayer - do I add them to the /thirdparty? As I said before, I cannot seem to find any documentation on this subject.

Many thanks for your help :)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 January 2011 at 9:33pm

Don't put them in sapphire or cms, keep all your javascript either in mysite/javascript or themes/yourtheme/javascript/ (or thirdparty) and link to it using <% require javascript(path/to/your/file.js) %> in your template.

Requiring a JS file - http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/reference/requirements#including-inside-template-files
Tech discussion on JS - http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/topics/javascript

JPG

19 January 2011 at 10:08pm

Thanks Willr, that's what I was looking for.

:)