Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Get Addictional Fields from different pagetype using a virtual page

Go to End

brausend

Community Member, 6 Posts

14 March 2009 at 2:31am

Hey

We have a litte Problem. Our site uses different Pagetype like Page, ProductPage, etc. On Our Product Page we have different addictional fields like Manufacturer, Distributor.
Now we have a virtual productpage (own pagetype) wich is pointing at one Product Page.

If we just load this page we don't get the addictional field. There are only the field from Sitetree included but not our field from the page_live table or productpage_live.
The page has the pagetype virtualProductPage extending the Productpage wich itselfs extends the Page class.
In the virtualProductPage we copied all funcions from the VirtualPage Class.

So my idea was first of all to check wich function is called while accessing this site. Only the init function is called. So I thought the problem is much deeper in the core than only in the virtualProductPage.php file. right?

Pherhaps someone can give me ha hint where to search, or where to modify that I don't get only the field from the sitetree. Pherhaps wich function to overwrite in the virtualproductpage file.

many thanks
max