Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Upgrade SilverStripe 2.4.5 to 3.2.1

Go to End

7 Posts   2950 Views

bekkevos

Community Member, 5 Posts

15 December 2015 at 9:31pm

Edited: 15/12/2015 9:31pm

Hi All,

is it possible to upgrade directly from 2.4.5 to 3.2.1? Or do i need to perform some steps in between? I tried to search for an upgrade matrix but didn't find one. I have tried the steps in https://docs.silverstripe.org/en/3.2/upgrading/ but there's no framework directory in version 2.4.5. Only a sapphire directory. The document also doesn't describe what to do with the files in the root directory eg. .htaccess, composer.json, install.php.

Regards, Marc

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

15 December 2015 at 10:43pm

Hey Marc,

For this you are advised to look at all the change logs... 2.4.5 -> 2.4.6 -> 2.4.7 etc all the way to 3.2.1, with most of the effort probably being in 2.4.x -> 3.0.0 (i.e. the first upgrading advice to v3).

bekkevos

16 December 2015 at 1:40am

swaiba,

thanks for your reply.

Wil work my way thru these changelogs.

Regards, Marc

frinnst

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 February 2016 at 2:12am

Can you report on any progress?

I've inherited a 2.4.5 install that I need to upgrade too. Did you encounter any gotchas?

bekkevos

15 February 2016 at 11:33pm

I am still in the process of migrating this website. Some page types on the test environment are giving a 'Internal Server Error' inside the CMS.

Regards, Marc

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

16 February 2016 at 8:37am

Hi Bekkevos,

You can get more information on internal server errors from your PHP Error logs.
Also try adding "?isDev=1" to the address in the address bar and reload the page.

Lastly you could look at the network tab in chrome or firebug, you should see the error in there.

-helenclarko

Maariak

Community Member, 37 Posts

18 March 2016 at 12:45am

I should start doing this as well (upgrade from 2.4.5), but I'm little worried about all the stuff about the upgrade thing, because the site of course is online all the time, so I wouldn't want it do go down when some possible problems occur, so I don't know what would be the best time for the upgration. Also the language is a little problem when English isn't my best language, so it's quite hard to follow the instructions in English. There is at least dataobject manager and uploadify modules in there, so I've to start reading which part to start upgrading before the other (if there's upgrades for the modules) and weather there's something with the php version as well (in between which stages the php version should be upgraded to get everything running all the time)

The site running with SS is in the root directory and there's other site with the other system in the subfolder. Does the upgrade affect to that subfolder or does it stay untouched?